A whole lot of internet users have been scammed at one point or the other, either a huge sum of money or a lesser amount of money and it’s quite painful.
Many victims of this act sometimes don’t know the next steps to take after being scammed in order to retrieve their money, well we will show you steps on how to retrieve your money after being scammed.
How to retrieve your money after being scammed:
The following steps will help you in your quest to retrieve your money after being scammed.
1) screenshot all previous chats across all messaging apps (Instagram, WhatsApp or Facebook).
2) write out the full name and account number of the scammer or the page
3) go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (mobile app or text)
4) go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text), copy out the “Transaction ID number”
5) visit any branch of the scammed artist’s ( the bank the scammer uses), request to see the customer in charge of fraud.
6)if you are able to print out all the chats you had with the fraudster, submit it. while you are there, send an email to the fraudster’s bank and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (email@example.com), this will motivate the bank to take up the ticket (request) fast without delay.
The scammer or fraudster account will be placed on hold after a successful complaint. He or she will not be able to transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police for suspect’s arrest and when guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.